Subnovii Aftercare Instructions
To reduce the risk of unwanted side effects, it is imperative that these Aftercare Instructions are followed implicitly.
- Optimal results are only achieved by maintaining an undisturbed and DRY environment.
- DO NOT over cool. Cooling stops the tightening effect and could damage the tissue.
- Immediately after the treatment the skin was treated with the Suvnoii Aftercare Cream and the Subnovii Downtime Reducer Powder. Subnovii Aftercare Creme must be used for several days to ensure optimal healing and results. (DO NOT use Bepanthenol/Bepanthen or anything similar - it is too fatty and prevents healing)
- Each morning and evening (while the scabs are present) apply a VERY THIN layer of the Subnovii Aftercare Cream. Pat the cream on with clean fingers and do NOT rub in or use a sponge. Repeat this process if you feel that the skin requires moisturising during the course of the day and again in the evening. Subnovii Downtime Reducer Powder should be used on top of the cream to absorb any excess moisture and keep the scabs dry.
- To treat temporary pain, 500mg Paracetamol may be taken. Aspirin MUST NOT be taken, as this can cause more swelling. DO NOT take Ibuprofen or any other anti-inflammatory medication.
- ‘Arnica 6c’ pillules can be used to treat swelling. 5 pillules to be taken every hour if necessary until the swelling subsides.
- As long as the scabs are present avoid the sun, sweating, sauna and steam rooms.
- DO NOT intentionally remove the scabs. Every manipulation of the scabs can cause and adverse effect. They will fall off on their own within 3 to 7 days. This may take longer for smokers or those taking medication.
- While the scabs are present they should be kept dry. Should the scabs become wet, do not rub. Use a hairdryer on the area until the crusts are dry. Apply Subnovii Aftercare Cream and Subnovii Downtime Reducer Powder directly afterwards.
- The skin beneath the scabs is sensitive. The pinkish coloration may last up to 6 months.
- When the scabs have fallen off, use a sunscreen with SPF 50 on the treated areas. Avoid extreme sun exposure for 3 months and UV rays and extreme low temperatures for 2 weeks. If the above instructions are not followed, pigment deviations and dark spots may occur.
- Please note: depending on the desired results, more than one treatment may be necessary. Follow-up treatments may only be performed 12 - 16 weeks after the previous treatment as the collagen fibres are still contracting and the skin is very sensitive.